New Jersey 211 (click the Hurricane Sandy option) for
hurricane and recovery resource information, including
lists of food pantries, soup kitchens and county and state
shelters, such as the Monmouth University athletic center.
Job-seekers Hotline - call 877-682-6238
Tips on Filing Insurance Claims from the Governor's Office (.pdf)
NJ Office of Emergency Management Assistance
Disaster Assistance Forms are here
- American Express and Clear Channel are teaming up to assist Hurricane Sandy relief efforts by offering free radio time for small businesses to announce to their communities that they are open for business. From now until March 31, 2013, small businesses can visit any of the participating radio stations: WHCY-FM, WNNJ-FM, WSUS-FM
- City of Long Branch Website - http://www.longbranch.org
- Long Branch Public Library - offers computer/internet assistance to apply for Disaster Assistance from FEMA, NJ Snap (foodstamps), General Assistance and Medicaid as well as trained professionals to connect you with the resources you need.
- Long Branch Public Schools - visit here for school updates
FEMA - 1-800-621-3362
MENTAL HEALTH HELPLINE
211 or 1-877-294-4357
PET RESCUE - 1-855-407-4787
NJ TRANSIT - 1-973-275-5555
JOB SEEKERS HOTLINE
FOOD SAFETY/WATER SAFTEY
ROAD CLOSURES CALL 511
American Red Cross - Jersey Coast Chapter
You can also help by staying informed -
- NIXLE ‐ New Jersey residents can register to receive text messages with their zip code to 888777 (data rates may apply depending on your plan). Online registration is also available at www.nixle.com.
- NJ Alert ‐ NJ Alert is a free, voluntary and confidential emergency alerting system that allows NJ Office of Emergency Management officials to send E‐mail or text messages to cell phones, and other email enabled devices during an emergency event. Sign up for NJ Alert by logging on to: www.njalert.gov.